There are sometimes when you wish people would just LEAVE THINGS ALONE!! . The new FaceBook photo viewer (theatre mode) being one of them , terrible, intrusive and not what we want, so lets do something about it!
Once we are done fixing the problem spare a thought for the millions of people who are just unaware of your knowledge, and snigger as you know the next photo you post , those LOSERS will be intruded by the FACEBOOK THEATRE MODE … MWAHAHAHHAHAAA
There are already a few browser plugins (see below) you can install depending on your web browser of choice, but its worth noting how simple the fix is…Here are 5 ways to fix the PROBLEM..
1. Remove &theater from URL – Once you click on a photo on Facebook, a new page will open where you can see &theater in the URL. You can now see the old Facebook photo viewer.
2. Hit F5 to Refresh the Facebook page – Very simple technique. Once the photo is opened in theater viewer, hit F5 on your keyboard. The page will load and will open the photo in ‘classic FaceBook mode’ YAY!
3. Use Firefox Userscript – Mozilla Firefox users are having benefits of add-ons. InstallGreasemonkey add-on on the browser and then install this Userscript. You will not see the new theater viewer while opening photos / pictures on Facebook. We have not tested this script but have read many reports that it works.
4. Google Chrome Extension – Google Chrome browser extension installation is very easy task. Install this extension on your Chrome browser to disable theater effect or viewer. We seen this working on one version of Chrome we run , but not another… BUT….
5. Another Chrome Extension – Chrome has one more extension for this purpose. In case the above extension is not working for you. We are using this extension on the PC that we took the screen shots with.
If you know of any other ways to disable this on mainstream browsers please feel free to get in touch with a comment below.